Summary in some points
- Creation of a quality and confidence label for the private individuals or the large companies that would like to join in the project “Polluter-Planter”.
- Awareness of the young and less younger people; creation of a concept (e.g. Polluter/Payer/Planter or simply Polluter-Planter).
- Restoring of the balance (carbonic gas <--> oxygen) and slow-down of the increasing greenhouse effect.
Contribution to the renewal of the forests, which is essential for the ecological balance.
- Permanent recycling (oxygen <--> carbonic gas) and in the event of a lasting development, this balance should be maintained for the good of all.
- Income source and creator of local employment. An immediate payment at the time of the plantation. “Polluter-Planter” remunerates the planter at a tariff including the manufacturing costs of the tree and their work. A long-term job with a lasting remuneration during the culture of the reafforested parcels.
- The first ones who benefit from this project are the involved local populations who access to a better quality of life by the creation of economic activities and the conservation of their environment. There are thus multiple advantages to favour the compensation by reafforestation: it is complementary with the mission of “FairTrade”.
- Reafforestation would also be used for the safeguarding of the biodiversity, for the improvement of water and ground management (to avoid floods and landslides) and for the storage of carbon.
What we have to do is act but not at any price… we have to adopt “the Polluter-Planter” attitude.